No thanks to a single Republican, millions of middle-class families will start receiving a major tax cut tomorrow as part of the Child Tax Credit expanded in President Biden and Democrats’ American Rescue Plan. Monthly tax cuts of $250 or $300 per child will automatically hit bank accounts and will be used to pay bills, put food on the table, and alleviate stress for working and middle-class families across the country.
From Durham to Des Moines, here’s what parents are saying about Democrats’ new middle-class tax cuts:
“It’s a blessing. That’s all I can say. I just can’t put it in any other words. It’s a blessing. It’s really going to help,” said Edwina Barbee in North Carolina.
“This is really exciting and it will help our family a lot, and I’m really hopeful that it will help a lot of families,” Kayla Midthun said in Wisconsin.
“It’s really just an opportunity to take that burden off of us a little bit each month to help support our kids for the future,” Jason Burkhiser Reynolds said in Iowa.
Here’s a look at what else families had to say this week:
- In North Carolina: ABC11: ‘It’s a blessing:’ NC families anxiously await arrival of Child Tax Credit checks
- In Wisconsin: Leader Telegram: Kind, parents advocate for child tax credit payments starting this week
- In Michigan: The Detroit News: Child tax credits may lift thousands in Detroit out of poverty, ‘no strings attached,’ mayor says
- In Arizona: KYMA: Eligible parents could receive child tax credit in advance
- In Indiana: Fox59: Hoosier families celebrate advance Child Tax Credit payments ahead of July 15 rollout
- In Pennsylvania: KDKA: Child Tax Credits Head Out To Millions Of Families This Week
- In Georgia: 11Alive: Monthly advance child tax credit payments start this week
- In West Virginia: 13 News: How the American Families Plan can improve 90% of West Virginian kids’ lives
- In Kansas: Fox 4: Checks in the bank: Families start receiving monthly child tax credit payments
- In Iowa: Iowa Public Radio: Monthly Child Tax Credit Payments To Families Start Next Week; Axne Says They Should Be Permanent
- In California: KGO: Child Tax Credit: Most families with kids to receive thousands of dollars beginning Thursday