While Chris Sununu tries to downplay his key role in instituting the MAGA agenda in New Hampshire, his record shows that he’s in lockstep with Donald Trump just as much as the rest of the 2024 GOP hopefuls. Sununu bragged about signing New Hampshire’s first modern abortion ban, opened the door to cutting Social Security and Medicare, and blocked legislation to keep guns out of schools, earning him an ‘A’ rating from the NRA.
What else can you expect from someone who’s proudly called themselves a “Trump guy through and through” and pledged to support Trump if he became the 2024 nominee?
As a reminder, Chris Sununu:
- Signed New Hampshire’s first modern abortion ban with no exceptions for rape or incest — and bragged about it.
- Opened the door to cutting Social Security and Medicare, which would put hundreds of thousands of Granite Staters at risk.
- Repeatedly called to repeal the Affordable Care Act, the lifeline for thousands of Granite Staters.
- Vetoed common sense bills to prohibit firearms on school property and keep New Hampshire students safe, earning him an ‘A’ rating from the NRA.
- Opposed the American Rescue Plan, which provided funding for law enforcement.
- Proudly campaigned for election deniers like Don Bolduc in 2022.