In a major win for the American people, President Biden and Democrats worked across the aisle and delivered on a campaign promise to secure a historic infrastructure deal that if passed, will create good-paying union jobs and position the United States to win the 21st century. But that wasn’t the only way Democrats delivered this week! Thanks to President Biden’s American Rescue Plan, economists announced that the economy could grow 7.5% this year — the strongest in seven decades. That’s the story of President Biden’s presidency after just five months in office: economic growth is up, unemployment is down, and America is roaring back thanks to the President’s leadership. These aren’t just statistics though: millions of Americans are able to get back to work sooner, more money is in the pockets of working and middle-class families, and businesses and communities across this country are firing back up.
Here’s a look at what voters were reading in the states this week…
President Biden secured a historic bipartisan infrastructure framework to make the largest investment in our infrastructure in a century — something Donald Trump never achieved in four years:
- In Minnesota: DFL Party Statement on President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal
- In Georgia: DPG Responds to Historic Bipartisan Infrastructure Framework
- In Wisconsin: Wisconsin Democrats Applaud President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Package
- In Arizona: Democrats Deliver: Biden Bridges the Gap, Strikes a Deal with Bipartisan Infrastructure Framework
Democrats are getting funds from the American Rescue Plan into the hands of those hit hardest by the pandemic:
- In Michigan: Associated Press: Whitmer signs $2.2B COVID-19 bill that releases federal aid
- In Wisconsin: Channel 3000: Wisconsin is the best place to live, play, and work: Gov. Evers announces $140M in grants for tourism industry
- In Nevada: Las Vegas Review-Journal: Yes, please! State accepts $2.7B in federal COVID relief
Monday marked Child Tax Credit Awareness Day, a day to ensure parents know about the American Rescue Plan’s historic expansion of the Child Tax Credit and how it will benefit their families starting next month. These tax credits were passed no thanks to Republicans in Congress who unanimously voted against the American Rescue Plan:
- In Virginia: Richmond Times Dispatch: Child Tax Credits start July 15. Here’s how to sign up for monthly payments.
- In Arizona: Arizona Daily Star: Rep. Kirkpatrick: Congress is delivering for AZ families
- In Florida: Spectrum News 13: Rep. Soto observes Child Tax Credit Awareness Day in Osceola County